In addition to the standard way of adding products, you have an extra import option in the management environment for adding extra products easily.
Step 1. In the administration environment, go to Product admin > Products > Products and scroll all the way down to get to the toolbar.
Step 2. Click on 'Add products'.
Step 3. You will be sent to the following screen (depending on the categories you have set up, you will see different headings here). If you do not have any product categories yet, you will not see any headings. Click on the plus sign to add a category, then enter the name of the product category.
Step 4. Click on the category for which you want to create a new product. For each product, enter the following information (you can change this information later):
These three are are mandatory fields, if you don't fill these in, the defaults €0.00 and no VAT will appear. Besides that, a product can only be visible on the cash register if you add a colour.
- Name on terminal: The name which the product needs to have on the cash register. This has a maximum of 25 characters. If you add more than 25 characters, the system can't save new products!
Please note! If the product already exists in the category, you will see a drop-down menu with the existing products when you type.
Click on the product to load its data. The data that will be loaded are only the Name on terminal, Name on web and Credits. The VAT, Colour, Age and Supplement category have to be checked manually! The system can fill this in, but uses the settings of the product above it. Always check these settings.
- Name on web: The name the product should be given in the management environment. This field will automatically be filled the same as in the field 'Name on terminal', but you will be able to add extensions here to further specify the product, for example.
- Credits: You will have to specify the price of the product.
- VAT: Select from the drop-down menu which VAT percentage should be charged for the product. By default, you have a choice between low and high rate. If you are also allowed to charge the mixed rate (this is an official agreement with the tax authorities), then you will also find this here after setting it up.
- Colour: The colours you have set in Client Settings > Colour will appear in an extra screen. The colour you select will be the colour of the block on the checkout where this product is located. If you cannot select any colours, you have to add them first.
- Age: If the product has an age limit (e.g. alcoholic beverages), enter it here. The system will then display a message for a minimum age. If you also use the Cashlessmodule or other personalised cards, the system will calculate, based on the date of birth entered, whether a cardholder is allowed to pay for this product.
- Open supplementcategory: If you are also working with supplements (such as whipped cream, extra sauce or the cooking of a dish) you can choose here how the supplement categories open:
- If you choose manual, you still have to select the category manually at the checkout.
- If you choose automatic, it will open immediately after you click on the product.
- Supplementcategory:After choosing the opening method, choose which supplement category will be linked to the product. You do this by clicking on the red box. You will see the following pop-up screen. Here you can add your supplements (and categories) in the same way.
Tip! When you move with your mouse over a categoryname, there will open an extra field where you can see which products already exist in this category.
Step 5. As soon as you have filled in the first field of a line, you will automatically see a new line appear below it for the next product. In this way you can add as many products as you like. You can also click on the 'Add products' button at the bottom of the screen.
Step 6. If you would like to remove products or change the order, use the bin and the arrows in front of the product line:
This bin also appears when you hover over a product category with your mouse. It allows you to delete a category completely.
Step 7. Added all products? Click on Save to continue. You will then be given the option to save and go to your product overview, or to proceed directly to the product breakdown in the checkout.
Do not forget to log off and on to refresh it for the latest data.